Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Guilin gao, 龟苓膏.... Halal or not?

As it's getting sunny in Singapore, people are finding ways to cool themselves down...especially Chinese has many kinds of herbs, desserts, soups and drinks recipes to help that.

Well, it just right time for me to share about my recent finding about the guiling gao. 
According to "Mr Google" (again...hehe! my favourite research tool).... Guiling, 龟苓 is a kind of turtle called 金錢龜 (jin qian gui).




Guiling gao is made of the turtle and some Chinese herbs into jelly form.
This to me, is not Halal.
Unless, there is really report saying that it is actually Halal... please let me know! thank you! I will like to know why and how it is so.
Otherwise, I will just stick to the usual Chrysanthemum or barley drink.
:D



No comments:

Post a Comment